Thankful

Total Semester Hours: 13
November Hours: 3
December Hours: 5
As we continue on through the program, it seems as if time continues to move on more quickly. This past month we had two module exams which is probably why it felt that way. So far I am still doing exceptionally well which I credit to spending time almost everyday going through the lectures. The master’s program has been extremely beneficial in helping to improve my study habits which I believe will help me to excel in medical school. I am really thankful for the friendships with Linh, Vina, Rebecca, and Erin that have become stronger this month by spending more time studying together and exploring the city of New Orleans.
            For my volunteer hours this month, Peiton, Michaela and I prepared bag lunches for the homeless people in the city. With every major city in America, homelessness is a substantial problem. When we began passing out the lunches, many people came running up to us to get a lunch. Everyone seemed extremely grateful for what we had done. To me this was one of the best ways to give back. Many of these people do not know when they will get their next meal or simply just a bottle of water. This definitely helped to open my eyes and made me cherish the life that I am able to live. It truly is a blessing that I do not have to worry about when I will have my next meal. I am thankful that we were able to organize this and truly make a small dent in improving the lives of the people of New Orleans, even if it was just for one afternoon. We are looking forward to organizing another day of helping out the homeless.

BEST DAY EVER! LSU BEAT BAMA

Peiton and I preparing the lunches

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler

A Whole New World

New Beginnings