A Whole New World

March 2020 will more than likely be a month that I will never forget. Within a matter of days, my life literally got flipped up-side down. No longer could I meet for in person class. No longer could I go to the gym. No longer could I go get my nails done. No longer could I go sit in a restaurant and have dinner with my friends. All of this because of COVID-19. On March 11, 2020 we received an email from the university stating that Tulane would be transitioning to online classes. My emotions immediately began to become a disastrous mess. I would have never thought that was the last time that I would be presenting in front of my classmates in person. In order to continue our class sessions, we have Zoom meetings. Even though it is not the same as seeing everyone in class, I still appreciate being able to communicate with everyone. 
The uncertainty of what the future holds is what bothers me most. More and more people are being confirmed of having the coronavirus, so as of now it does not seem as though the curve is shifting. As more limitations continue to arise as a result of the COVID-19 quarantine, it becomes even harder to make sense of all these changes. Since the New Orleans area leads the state in the highest number of confirmed cases, I have moved to Baton Rouge with my boyfriend. In order to try and cope with everything, I take daily walks around LSU lakes. Although I have been enjoying getting fresh air outside, I constantly think about how much I truly miss going to the gym. I know thinking about all the things I wish I could be doing is not helpful, it is just really hard not to try and do that. I am taking this day by day and praying life will hopefully return back to normal soon.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler

New Beginnings